Junior Graphic Designer / Admin Job in Bury
Carrick Signs Ltd. is a well-established and fast growing large format printing company in Whitefield near Manchester.
We are currently recruiting for a full time Junior or an experienced Graphic Designer position including some Admin and customer enquiries duties. Your role will be to deal with print orders starting from initial enquiry to artwork sent to printers in our factory. Many orders may not require any graphic design involvement therefore the job offer is flexible and we welcome different levels of graphic design experience.
Tasks, duties & responsibilities:
- Answering phone and email enquiries
- Putting order details received on our system
- Checking artwork files received and sending them to relevant machines
- Adjusting client’s files or converting to different file format if required (pdf, eps, jpg etc.)
- Using Corel Draw to create artwork designs, usually simple layouts for banners and signs or more complex artwork for exhibition display products (roller banners, posters).
Technical knowledge required:
- Corel Draw knowledge
- Microsoft Office knowledge (especially Outlook and Word)
- General PC knowledge
The candidate must have a ‘can do’ attitude, with the following personal attributes:
- Energy and a good work ethic
- Excellent communication skills with a good telephone manner
- Good colour sense and good eye for detail
- Ability to work in a team, as well as being self-motivated and independent
- Enthusiasm and desire to excel and learn new skills in graphic design and print
Experience in Large Format Printing Industry is not necessary but could be a big advantage.
Successful candidate after the probation period will be offered a permanent job contract and a competitive salary and will enjoy working within a friendly environment in an exciting and rapidly evolving print industry.
Applications via email with CV attached should be sent to the company’s general email address found at the top of the website.